Pumpkin Dessert has been a family recipe for generations. Every holiday we clamor for Pumpkin Dessert. I have converted numerous Pumpkin Pie haters with the glory of this delicious cobbler. I have converted the recipe to be organic and substituted ingredients to make the dish healthier. This can easily be made gluten-free by selecting a gluten-free organic cake mix. This is best served with fresh Coconut Whipped Cream!
Organic Pumpkin Dessert
- 3/4 cup Organic Palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon Organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Organic ground cloves
- 2 large Organic eggs
- 1 can 15 oz. Pure Organic Pumpkin
- 1 cup Coconut Condensed Milk see recipe below
- 1 Organic Yellow or Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 cup Organic Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts chopped (optional)
- Blend sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. In a large bowl beat eggs. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture and blend well. Gradually stir in coconut condensed milk.
- Pour into 9x13 cake pan
- Sprinkle dry boxed cake mix on top of pumpkin mix
- Drizzle melted butter over the top the dry cake mix
- Sprinkle Macadamia nuts evenly over the top
- Bake in preheated 375° F oven for 60 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Top with whipped coconut cream or coconut milk ice cream.