You don’t have to have preservatives and processed ingredients to have a delicious potato chip snack! Try this very easy recipe for making your own potato chips. I made these for a movie night as an alternative to popcorn and it was a big hit!
I made this batch with Purple Sweet Potatoes and organic coconut oil. Coconut oil is ideal for frying due to it’s high heat index. Macadamia nut oil and lard also have high heat index and are suitable for high temperature frying.
- 4 Purple Potatoes
- 2-3 cups Coconut Oil
- Ground Ginger (to taste)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- ) Finely slice purple potatoes using a food processor
- ) Heat oil in fryer to 370 degrees (I use an electric skillet for this)
- ) Test temperature of oil by tossing in 1 potato slice. You should see the potato immediately sizzle. If no sizzle your oil is not ready.
- ) Fry even batches of chips in coconut oil
- ) Remove cooked chips from oil and place on rack with paper towels to soak up excess oil.
- ) Sprinkle with salt and ground ginger. Serve!