These simple, no-bake dessert balls are so addictive that I have people begging me to make them again and again. I developed this recipe as a peanut-free alternative to a no-bake ball cookie that I used to make years ago. This recipe uses Macadamia nuts, coconut and raw honey as the sweetener. This is a non-dairy, vegan friendly, GAPs friendly, raw food recipe.
These really couldn’t be simpler to make as the bulk of the work is done by the blender, blending up the mac nuts, honey and coconut. A high powered blender like a Blendtec or Vitamix is highly recommended.
Start with a baking sheet or pan which fits in your fridge and line with parchment so that you can chill the balls until they are ready to be served.
Pulse half of the mac nuts for just a few seconds to give some larger, roughly chopped nuts for texture. You will blend the other half of the macadamia nuts with one cup of shredded coconut and the honey to create a Mac Nut Butter for the base. You will mix the butter and chopped nuts by hand until a crumbly mash is achieved.
Using a round scoop you will form into perfect little balls. You can use a round tablespoon or I like to use a melon baller for this, just whatever works for you is fine. Being careful to get consistent sizing, roll into symmetrical balls, then roll each ball in shredded coconut.
Move to the parchment lined tray, being careful not to smoosh. Once your tray is full you will top each ball with a sprinkle of cinnamon or drizzle with a chocolate ganache, I like this ganache recipe from ComfyBelly.com.
Need a source for Organic Macadamia nuts? Consider buying direct from the grower at Mahina Mele Farms, certified organic and grown on the Big Island of Hawaii. These are the Mac nuts I use in all of my recipes and I highly recommend the product.
The process takes just a few minutes and no-baking means less work! I have made these sooo many times and always receive numerous compliments.
Let me know how you like them!
Coconut Macadamia Balls
- 2 cups Macadamia nuts unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded coconut divided
- 1/2 cup honey or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cinnamon for topping
- Cut parchment paper to line the platter or bottom of a 9x13” baking dish if you wish to store before serving.
- Coarsely chop 1 cup of macadamia nuts by hand or in a food processor.
- Add 1 cup of macadamia nuts and 1 cup shredded coconut into blender. Blend until a smooth, paste-like consistency. This will likely take a few minutes of blending unless you have a powerful blender like a VitaMix.
- Scrape creamy mix from blender into a medium bowl. Add chopped macadamias and 1/2 cup of honey. Using a fork, mix until well combined. Consistency will be wet and sticky.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup of shredded coconut in a small bowl to be used as a topping.
- Using a melon baller or round spoon, ball the dough into 1” to 1.25” balls. Roll each ball in the shredded coconut, being careful to maintain the round shape and place in the parchment lined dish.
- Can be served immediately or stored in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Leave a Reply